A technical QA engineer with strong knowledge of software development life cycles and QA methodology. Brings a dedicated, precise approach to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction through metrics, a focus on process, and experience.
Senior Software Engineer, Test, 07/2018 – Present
Software Quality Senior Engineer, 05/2017 – 06/2018
- Automated test development (Python, Robot Framework) for the EMC Hybrid Cloud (EHC) Solution modules.
- Installed and configured multiple components from the vRealize Suite for use in testing.
- Created and maintained jobs and build agents utilizing the Bamboo continuous integration and build server.
QA Engineer, 06/2015 – 12/2016
- Maintained and improved the automated build and test infrastructure controlled by Jenkins.
- Contributed test code changes utilizing Java, Bash, Batch and PowerShell.
- Developed and executed functional tests for a cloud-based application monitoring solution across Windows Server and Linux.
- Built and maintained a test environment with infrastructure utilizing Azure, Amazon Web Services EC2, Hyper-V and VMware vSphere.
Lead QA Engineer, 04/2013 – 06/2015
QA Engineer, 02/2010 – 04/2013
- Developed and executed functional and performance tests of an application performance management tool across Windows Server, Linux, Solaris and AIX.
- Handled release management of software deliverables and developed a PHP website allowing for customer access to downloads which used Salesforce and Zendesk APIs.
- Built and maintained a physical/virtual test network utilizing VMware and Hyper-V which consisted of approximately 100 machines.
- Developed automated performance test loads using Perl and PHP which gathered metrics and monitored log files.
- Maintained Java automation tools for managing test network.
The Select Group
QA Engineer, 11/2009 – 02/2010
- Manual functional and regression testing of a data management application utilized in the energy and water industries.
Lead Software Development Engineer in Test, 04/2008 – 07/2009
- Direct management of a 6 SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) QA team.
- Developed and implemented improved testing processes, i.e. defect lifecycle, testing standards and metrics
- Worked with the development lead and project managers to implement an agile development methodology utilizing the Scrum framework (2 week and 4 week sprints).
- Wrote test plans and associated test cases/acceptance tests based on user stories.
- Worked with a team of 3 test engineers to plan and implement the automation effort, which increased automated test script coverage from approximately 4% to 32%.
- Built and maintained a team documentation system and knowledge base using Microsoft SharePoint.
QA Manager, 10/2006 – 04/2008
- Direct management of multiple QA project teams consisting of 15+ total QA Engineers.
- Developed and implemented improved testing processes, i.e. defect lifecycle and UAT quality standards
- Worked with development, operations, and business stakeholders to improve communication and cooperation between project teams.
- Managed project schedules and testing availability on a per team/engineer basis while highlighting resource conflicts with prioritization/mitigation planning.
- Managed testing of internal infrastructure projects (data warehouse and content management) to ensure data integrity and validity was ensured.
- Managed automated testing including functional regression and performance/load testing.
- Performed administration of the defect tracking system, Bugzilla.
- Developed and implemented additional metrics to track test coverage, defect ratios, and root cause analysis (utilizing Bugzilla, MySQL, Microsoft Excel, VBA).
QA Team Lead, 01/2006 – 10/2006
- Coordinated daily work for a large QA project team testing web storefronts.
- Ensured timely delivery of major software releases by estimating effort and working with project management on scheduling.
- Coordinated customer-facing user acceptance testing of multiple software releases.
- Implemented end-to-end testing methodologies to ensure all aspects of product delivery.
QA Engineer, 02/2005 – 01/2006
- Performed manual functional testing of several mobile storefronts.
- Wrote test plans covering all documented software requirements.
Contractor, 08/2004 – 02/2005
- Performed manual and automated testing of clustered Linux servers.
- Authored test plans covering functional and performance testing.
- Planned and built networks utilizing Ethernet and Fibre Channel.
Support Engineer, 07/2002 – 05/2004
- Provided tier I/II support for Oculan's suite of network management and intrusion detection appliances. Worked directly with customers and resellers to deploy, configure, and maintain Oculan appliances.
- Diagnosed customer network issues using a variety of protocols and tools, such as SNMP, tcpdump, nmap, Nessus, and Ethereal (now Wireshark).
- Designed, implemented, and administered Oculan’s evaluation network which included Linux, Windows, and OpenBSD systems. This network was used to demonstrate the capabilities of Oculan’s appliances to potential customers.
Senior Consultant, 04/1999 – 10/2001
- Executed functional and regression testing of the DG/UX operating system as well as the interoperability of DG/UX with various Fibre Channel and SCSI disk arrays.
- Maintained kernel build environments for development of DG/UX.
- Performed integration administration for DG/UX and other associated products.
- Developed core manufacturing software utilizing COBOL II, DB2, and Microsoft Access.
- Remediated software to resolve Year 2000 date interpretation issues.
- Trained consultants and management on Linux/UNIX concepts and functionality.
- Developed contract proposals dealing with website development.